new header

January 14, 2010

The only type of blind I like

I've always wondered what life would be like if I were a girl.

The pros:
-I would be attractive.
-I would smell good.

The cons:
-I would cry a lot
-I wouldn't be able to lift things.

That being said, I've had many opportunities to experience at least one aspect of the girl lifestyle without having to undergo any sort of unnatural surgery.

Behold, the blind date.

Of all the different types of dates (1st dates, 2nd dates, 3rd dates) the blind date is by far the best of the bunch. The reason why? On all the blind dates I've been a part of, I have been the equivalent of the girl in the dating process.The activities were planned for me. I was picked up. I was asked if I wanted to go on the date. I was dropped off. And maybe most amazing of all, I've even been paid for while on the blind date.

It's been glorious.

I bring up my love of the blind date because the majority of people I know are firmly set in their anti-blind date mentality. I don't  understand the bitter sentiments towards blind dates. What is better than going out with someone you have minimal ties to? If things go bad during the outing you can avoid seeing that person ever again without changing a single element of your daily routine. It's the easiest way to size someone up while offering the most minimal level of commitment possible.

Really, which of these two scenarios would you prefer:

a) You ask out a girl you know, you have a bad date, then you have awkward interactions every time you see her after that; or
b) You're set up with a girl you've never seen before, you have a bad date, and then things are eternally ended with a conversation akin to this:

Me: "Well, I had a fun time tonight, but not a fun enough time that I want to go on another date with you. Fortunately I don't feel bad about saying that because I'll never see you again. So, have a nice life."

Her: "Couldn't have said it better myself. And for future reference, it's not cool to talk about your cat on a first date."

I admit that not all is well with the blind date of course. In fact it has constantly failed me in one key area: no blind date has led me to the promised land of true love and BYU football-esque happiness. But, please, as far as I'm concerned, keep the blind dates coming.

Not because I'm desperate for true love.
But because I'm more than happy to live the girl lifestyle every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment